About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Friday, June 17, 2016

"My Journey to a Japanese Garden"

Mixed media on ricepaper, mounted on panel, 6x6." Available: contact Artist

Tomorrow afternoon (Saturday, June 18) I will be giving my Artist Talk at 3:30pm at the Weyrich Gallery. The title of my talk is "My Journey to a Japanese Garden." It's a free event and a great chance to see the show.

I've been giving a lot of thought to how to organize this presentation, since creating the work for an exhibit is an intuitive process and now it's time to provide a coherent narrative that gives viewers some sense of how the paintings came into being, my ideas, and the process and materials.

And of course, attendees are welcome to ask questions, too!

So if you are in Albuquerque, please come! The Gallery is located at 2935-D Louisiana NE (at Candelaria). The exhibit--In a Japanese Garden--continues thru June 25.
__________________________________________________
Text and image ©Carol L Adamec, 2016. All rights reserved.




No comments: