About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Chicken Door re-do

Chicken Door
by Carol Adamec
Original: Oil, alkyd on Panel
8 x 10"

Something most of my artist friends know about me is that, until a painting of mine is sold, it's "unfinished." I have most of my recent paintings sitting around the studio to peruse. If something bothers me about a painting, I'll often repaint it...sometimes reworking the entire painting...and usually for the better.

Today's "re-do" is The Chicken Door, which I first showed you last September. After looking at it for several months, I decided that the coloring was too red and too cool. So I lightened and warmed up the entire image. I like it much better now...maybe it's even finished!

If you want to compare the two versions, here's the link to my first attempt. See what you think, and I'd be happy to hear your opinion, too.

http://caroladamec.blogspot.com/2008/09/chicken-door.html

Have a good day. See you Thursday.
________________________________________________
Artwork and text ©2009 Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: