About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Monday, February 8, 2010

New Mexico Morada...Done?

New Mexico Morada, 2010
Original, oil, alkyd on panel
Unframed size: 9.5" x 8"
Contact Artist for purchase information

I'm posting late today, as I just got home from Florida last night. Before all of you get jealous, let me tell you that it wasn't exactly sunbathing weather in Orlando last week....it was cold (for Florida), windy, and rainy!

Anyway, before running out the door to catch the plane, I finished re-working this painting. As you may recall, I started this painting almost a year ago, worked on it for a few months, and then set it aside. If you check back to the post on 5/18/09, you'll see the last version before this rework.

Most of the "new" painting is in the background, which is a reminder to me that all parts of the painting must work to create a cohesive image.

Thanks for taking a look. Have a great week.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Text and image ©2010 Carol Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: