About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Water Greens


Golden Frond, 2010
Original, oil, alkyd on panel
Unframed size: 6" x 6"
To purchase, contact the Artist


For the past two weeks, I've been working on and off on this little painting, and yesterday it came together. It's so hot here in Florida that I think it's influencing my painting. As you can see, I've "heated up" the palm fronds with touches and edges of yellows, oranges, and reds. Against all those greens and cooler blues, those warm hues add some visual spice to this image.

Hope you are keeping cool, wherever you are. Thanks for taking a look. Have a great weekend!
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Text and image ©2010 Carol Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: