About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sunset Strip #4: Pink Glow

Sunset Strip #4 (Pink Glow), 2011
Original Painting: Oil, alkyd on 11.5" x 2" gessoed wood 

Ready-to-hang; installed D-ring on back
$75 with Free shipping  •  Contact Artist to purchase


Another beautiful sunset—this time in Florida. My studio faces west, so I watch the skies as day fades into dusk. I am especially inspired if there are clouds scattered around, catching the changing color, like those in this Sunset Strip.

BTW, I've been asked how to hang or display some of the Sunset Strips or the small, 3"x5" still life paintings that I've been posting lately. Usually the paintings on canvas or linen panels are standard sizes (i.e., 3x5, 4x6, 5x7) and will fit into readymade frames that can be purchased for a few dollars at Hobby Lobby, Michael's, or even local frame shops. Another option would be to display the painting on a small easel, which could then be placed on a table, bookshelf, etc.

As for the odd sized Sunset Strips: I really did not intend for these paintings to be framed. So each painting has a hanger attached for wall display or is mounted on a thicker piece of wood that can stand on its own, allowing it to be displayed on a table, bookshelf, etc.

From now on, each painting description will include info about the hanging system for each artwork. Of course, if you have any questions, just send me an email.
Thanks for taking a look. Have a great day.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Text and image ©2011 Carol Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: