About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Mexico Plein Air




The Winery, 2011
Original plein air painting,
oil on linen panel
N/A
This past Monday I painted with the Plein Air Artists of New Mexico (www.papnm.org). The group met at 9am at Casa Rodena Winery in the lovely Albuquerque neighborhood of Los Ranchos. It was a bright and sunny morning, so we all clustered along the banks of the acequia in the shade of ancient cottonwoods.

The winery grounds have multiple, classical buildings with green tiled roofs and, of course, rows and rows of grapes, as you can see in this view that I painted.

Many thanks to the PAPNM folks who allowed me to paint with their group as a guest. I look forward to being back in New Mexico as a full time resident in the future and a longtime member of the group.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
©2011 Text and image Carol Adamec . All rights reserved.

No comments: