About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Winter Greetings from New Mexico!


With an average of 278 days of sunshine a year, it's not often that one wakes up to gray skies in Albuquerque.

So when I opened my eyes Thursday morning to soft diffuse light coming in the bedroom window, I knew there was some type of moisture in the air, and jumped out of bed to take a look.

When I saw the snow on the ground, I grabbed my camera and ran out in my pajamas to take a few quick photographs, knowing that by noon, the sun will most likely have melted our brief winter wonderland.

As an ex-Chicagoan, this is my favorite kind of snow: Lovely to look at, and no shovelling!

I hope you are enjoying your Sunday afternoon.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Text and photo ©2013 Carol L. Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: