About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Afternoon Arroyo

Afternoon Arroyo, 2013. Original oil on linen panel, 4" x 6".

I'm finally getting around to finishing up the three small oil quick sketches I painted during the plein air workshop I took in Santa Fe last month. Can you tell from the painting that it was a hot day in Santa Fe?

Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you are keeping cool!
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Text and photo ©2013 Carol L. Adamec. All rights reserved.

Afternoon Arroyo, measuring 4" x 6", is painted in oil on a linen panel, varnished and ready to frame or display on a mini-easel. Available for purchase on ETSY at www.ArtByCarolAdamec.ETSY.com.

No comments: