About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Boogie Board Talk

"Ti Plant Graphic" 2013, Boogie Board RIP drawing
Last Monday (September 16), I gave an informal talk/demo to the Rainbow Artists, a local women's art collective which supports visual artists, as well as writers and those engaged in other art-related fields.

My talk was about the artwork I create on the Boogie Board eWriter. So I took my three Boogie Board tablets—the original 8.5 LCD one I purchased over a year ago, the Boogie Board Jot, and the Boogie Board RIP—and samples of the work I created on each one for my "show and tell" narrative.

I passed the Boogie Board tablets around so everyone could try one out, and explained how I start my "digital printmaking process" with a drawing on the Boogie Board.

Since I hadn't used the Boogie Board RIP very much and didn't have much time to create an elaborate piece of artwork on it, I did a quick graphic rendering of a Ti Plant (from the image I developed back in September 2012) and added some color in Adobe Photoshop. I think this graphic might look nice on a t-shirt, What do you think?

If you would like more information about the Rainbow Artists, visit: http://www.rainbowartists.com/.
If you would like more information about Boogie Board eWriters, visit: http://improvelectronics.com/

Thanks for taking a moment to visit my blog. Have a great weekend.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Text and images ©2013 Carol L. Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: