About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Path to the Mountains


Landscape Sketch #10, 2013. Original plein air painting.

Anchoring the City of Albuquerque on the east are the Sandia Mountains, a favorite subject of mine for painting "en plein air."

This painting was done from the Sandia foothills area known as Elena Gallegos, on Monday, November 4, 2013, between the hours of 11am-2pm.

There was plenty of sunshine lighting up the landscape, warming the rock-strewn hills and pink granite faces of the mountains.

Thanks for taking a moment to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy a great weekend!
__________________________________________
Image & text ©Carol L Adamec, 2014

No comments: