About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Another Reminder of Autumn

Dried Leaf #2, 2014. Original painting, mixed media on carton board, 4x6"
Available for purchase on Daily Paintworks

I love autumn — cool days, clear nights, and the change of seasons taking place in Nature.

This is the second painting in my new mixed media series, "Dried Leaves." To create the image I used oil, acrylic, and color pencil. To get all the nuances of the brittle edge of the leaf, I used a toothpick! As has been said, "Necessity is the mother of invention."

The painting is mounted flush on a stiff 3/16" panel for support and the edges painted, ready to be displayed on a small easel or hung without a frame.

Thanks for taking a look. Enjoy your day!
_______________________________________________
Text and image ©2014 Carol L. Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: