About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Painting Light & Adobe

Cactus Wall, 2009
Original: Oil & alkyd on panel
10" x 8" unframed
SOLD

For the past few weeks, I have been working on three paintings that all feature adobe walls: Blue Gate, Courtyard 2, and the painting posted today, Cactus Wall. I wasn't sure if this painting was going to come together, so I hadn't even shown it to you "in progress." Now here it is, all done, I'm happy to say.

I really enjoyed painting the dappled sunlight effect. I also found greater satisfaction in mixing greens to paint the cactus "leaves" than relying on the tube colors.

Some of you have emailed me about Blue Gate. Well, it's coming along, and I hope to have it posted next week as another finished painting. Thanks for the encouragement and comments.

Have a great weekend. See you Monday.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Text and image ©
2009 Carol Adamec. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

Gorgeous! I also love the finished Blue Gate! The sun dappling is really nice.

Oh, and don't worry about the book, I ended up getting a signed copy from Alyson when she was here. Have you read it? What did you think?

I look forward to seeing you and talking more. :)

Carol L. Adamec said...

Thanks, Paula, for your kind comments! And, yes, I've been reading the Stanfield book....lots of good solid info. Will be talking with you soon!

Lisa Rivas said...

This piece is incredible!
Albuquerque just suits you, I can tell. Your energy is flowing again...
Best to you Carol :)