About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Adding Color...

"Blue Gate" (in progress)
Original painting,
Oil & alkyd on canvas panel
10 x 8"


Following an afternoon of painting, my first new piece of 2009 is starting to take shape, now with its basic colors in place. I'm pretty happy with the overall feeling of light and shadow, too. There are still some color refinements, paint layering, and details to work on; so, you'll see the final version next week.

Also, the painting's title is "Blue Gate." (I have no idea why I typed "Blue Door" in the last post....That's another painting, if it comes to fruition.)

Thanks for taking a moment to look at today's post. Have a great weekend. See you Monday.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Text and image ©Carol Adamec 2009. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Lisa Rivas said...

Oh! I just love this Sky Blue Gate and Earth Toned Wall... so just it :_)