About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Full Color

Morning Daffodils (WIP)
by Carol Adamec
Original: Oil, alkyd on stretched canvas
10" x 8"

As you can see from today's post, this painting is coming along, with all the major areas and colors well defined. I see a few changes I'd like to make, such as decreasing the size of the kitchen window in the background, and altering a few angles to improve the perspective.

The last stage will be to coordinate all the colors and their "temperatures" so that the light has a consistent feel and "morning" quality as it falls on the various objects and illuminates the space. I look forward to completing this painting over the weekend and posting the finished work on Monday. I hope you'll take a moment to see it next week.

Thank you for taking a look today. Have a great spring weekend, and to those of you who celebrate the holiday....Happy Easter!
______________________________________________
Artwork and text ©2009 Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: