About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Plein Air Workshop Day 1

WIP: Yellow House
Oil, alkyd on gessoed canvas panel
6" x 8"
SOLD

This week I am taking a plein air painting workshop up in Mt. Dora, a town located about an hour away from Orlando. Since the elevation of Orlando is only 14 feet above sea level, I guess that Mt. Dora can flaunt its 184 foot elevation.

Mt. Dora is a charming village on a good size lake, with nice old trees, a train station, a yacht club, lovely parks, good restaurants, and unique shops.

The three-day plein air workshop is being taught by Gregg Kreutz, a traditional fine art painter from New York. He did two painting demos today. Amazingly, his paintings took only about 30 minutes each and captured a good likeness of the scene before him.

The image posted shows my morning effort, still in its cardboard holder. Although I spent about 2.5 hours painting on this piece, it isn't quite finished, but coming along. I am hoping to pick up a little speed during this workshop.

Thanks for taking a look. Tune in tomorrow to see what unfolds on Day 2.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Text and image ©2010 Carol Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: