About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Busy Time for Exhibits (Part 2)


Rising Moon Kimono, mixed media on rice paper, 12x16”
Original painting by Carol L. Adamec
on exhibit in "Merge IV", at Expo NM, Albuquerque
thru April 30, 2017
Last Friday was the opening reception of "Merge IV", the annual members exhibit organized by The Society of Layerists in Multi-Media. (I know, that’s a mouthful, so we members call refer to it as SLMM (“Slim”).

SLMM is an international art organization started by Mary Carroll Nelson, an artist, teacher, and author of several books about art, artists, and spirituality. I “met” Mary Carroll Nelson through her 1994 publication, Artists of the Spirit; and after moving to New Mexico I was honored to be in a 3-person exhibit, “Affirming Wholeness”, with her at the Weyrich Gallery in Albuquerque in 2000. Mary invited me to become a member of SLMM and I did so in 2001. (You can learn more about this organization at www.slmm.org)

The current "Merge IV" exhibit celebrates the 35th year of SLMM and features 122 artworks by 60 artists from all over the US. So I was pleased to have two paintings accepted into this show, including the new kimono painting I just finished a few months ago, featured on today's post.

The exhibit—free and open to the public—is on display at the African American Performing Arts Center (AAPAC) at Expo NM (The Fairgrounds) thru April 30. AAPAC is open Tuesday thru Friday 10-5pm, and Saturday 10-4pm. I hope you drop by to see the show!
___________________________________________
Text and image ©2017 Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: