About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Friday, May 19, 2017

Route 66 Exhibit continues...

Carol L. Adamec: Scenic View, Digital painting printed on metal, 14”x11”
SOLD
As a kid growing up in Chicago, my experience of Route 66 was from the backseat of the family car, en route to Joplin, Missouri, for annual summer visits to my maternal grandparents and relatives. That 600-mile day drive seemed endless, and most of the “scenic views” didn’t seem very scenic at all.

“Are we there yet?”

"Scenic View" can be seen in the Then and Now: Rediscovering Route 66 exhibit at the KiMo Theatre Art Gallery Albuquerque thru June 25. Viewing hours are Wed–Sat 11-8pm and Sun 11am-3pm. Access to the Gallery is via the KiMo Theatre Ticket Office, 423 Central Ave NW at the corner of 5th.

Stop by to see the show! It’s free!
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Text and Image ©2017 Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: