About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Route 66 Exhibit continues...

The KiMo Theatre on the corner of Central Ave (Old Route 66) and 5th Street
in Albuquerque. Site of the exhibit, Then & Now: Rediscovering Route 66.
Photo Credit: Sondra Diepen
WOW! What a wonderful opening reception my compadres and I enjoyed at the KiMo Theatre Art Gallery last Thursday! Sondra Diepen and I were thrilled that Laguna Pueblo photographer Lee Marmon was able to be at the opening to talk to viewers about his classic black and white photographs in the exhibit. (See my post on April 22 about Lee Marmon.)

Among the many guests at the opening were several members of the Route 66 New Mexico Association, along with friends, artist-friends, supporters, and family members—including my friend Lisa visiting from Nashville, and my son and daughter who flew in from Memphis to surprise me!

And thank you, dear Collectors, for your art purchases, too!

And, of course, we are grateful to the City of Albuquerque for the use of The KiMo Theatre Art Gallery (inside the KiMo Theatre) for our exhibit. This lovely Art Deco-Pueblo Revival style building, pictured on today’s post, was built in 1927. The KiMo Theatre is our City's best known landmark on Central Avenue, Albuquerque's Old Route 66—the perfect site for our exhibit.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Text ©2017 Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.
Image of KiMo Theatre by Sondra Diepen used with permission.

1 comment:

Lisa Rivas said...

Such a beautiful building!