About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Sneak Peek #2...

Original by Carol L Adamec: "Furisode Kimono", 2017. Mixed media on rice paper. 14"x11" (framed)

Here's a sneak peek of another artwork for my exhibit, "In a Japanese Garden", opening Friday, October 13, at George A. Spiva Center for the Arts in Joplin, Missouri.

I just love the long sleeves on this kimono style! The furisode kimono is a woman's kimono, and the fanciest of the Japanese kimonos—worn for very special events, such as weddings, ceremonies, and formal occasions.

The word "furisode" means "swinging sleeves" which can vary in length from 15 inches to 3 feet. Traditionally, the furisode kimono was worn by young, unmarried women and was made with the finest fabrics, most lavish designs, and embellished with metallic threads.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Text and Image ©2017 Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: