About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Sneak Preview #3

"Kimono (with Bell and Horse)", 2019, mixed media & collage, 12x12
Last summer I experimented with acrylic pour paintings, starting with a 2-hour workshop at our local Artisan's Art Supply store. It was a lot of fun and I did several more pour paintings in my studio—one which became the kimono image posted today.

This piece will be included in my upcoming "In a Japanese Garden, Revisited" exhibit, opening next Friday, May 3, at Weyrich Gallery in Albuquerque. If you're in town, please come by to see the show.
__________________________________________
Text and image ©2019 Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: