About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

You’re invited…

"Waterlily #2", 2019. Oil, gouache on panel, 12x12"

...to the Weyrich Gallery's special "Meet & Greet" event this Saturday afternoon, May 18, from 1-3pm.

I'll be present for the event to answer questions and give a short talk at 1:30pm about my exhibit, "In a Japanese Garden, Revisited", currently on display this month at the Gallery. Additionally, tea master Mark Foster, who just returned from a trip to Japan, will host a tea tasting at 2:30pm. The "Meet & Greet" event is free and open to the public. 

It should be a fun and interesting afternoon. Hope to see you there!

The Weyrich Gallery is located at 2935-D Louisiana Blvd NE, (at Candelaria) in Albuquerque. The exhibit can be viewed through May 31 during regular gallery hours: Tues–Fri, 10:30–5:30 / Sat 11–5:30. 

____________________________________________________
Additional images of Carol's work can be seen online here. 

_______________________________________
Image ©2019 Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: