About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Now showing...

"Kimono Anasazi", mixed media on panel, 12x12".
Available at L Ross Gallery, Memphis, TN

Part of my summer travels this year took me to Memphis, TN, where I dropped off six paintings at L Ross Gallery. I was pleased to meet the new gallery owner Laurie Brown and to see the newly renovated gallery space at 5040 Sanderlin Avenue, Suite 103, in East Memphis. The new space is very lovely, and I am looking forward to having my one-person exhibit, "In a Japanese Garden", shown there next spring, April 1-26, 2020.

The Gallery is open Tuesday - Friday, 10am-5pm; and Saturdays, 11am-3pm. Check out the website, send an email to get on their e-list, or give them a call at 901.767.2200 to see the current exhibit and upcoming shows.
_________________________________
Text and image©2019 Carol L. Adamec. All rights reserved.




No comments: