About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Monday's Rose



Monday's Rose, 2008
Original, 10" x 8"
Oil on canvas panel

SOLD


Here is the "final" version of the rose, which you have seen in progress over the past couple of weeks.

I reworked the background several times, overlaying colors to vary the lights and darks, and warm and cool colors. One can play around with innumerable possibilities! This is called "nuancing" in "art talk" and can result in very rich color.

For all my readers, this rose is for you. I hope your Monday is a pleasant one.

Many thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I appreciate your interest, support, encouragement, and comments. You are welcome to forward this post and painting to others, too.

See you Wednesday!
__________________________________________________
Text, image, and painting ©Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...this is lovely Carol--warm, rich, soothing. Watching this painting develop reminds me of a quote by Pablo Picasso, "Unless your work gives you trouble, it is no good." Your pursuit of excellence is inspiring.