About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Rose Revisited


Rose (in progress)
10" x 8"

As you can see from today's image, I spent a good bit of time working on the rose painting; and it's closer to being finished.

I do believe the drawing is better and the rendering is tighter (read: "more realistic"). The foreground (the table that the rose is sitting on) is too pink for me, and the background too mahogany red and dark. What do you think?

It was a short day in the studio Thursday, since I did a little "Father's Day" shopping for my son and brother-in-law. I worked on the "Black Purse" painting today only for about an hour, so you'll see that painting next week.

It's the weekend. May all the Dads out there have a wonderful Sunday!

Many thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I appreciate your interest, support, encouragement, and comments. You are welcome to share this with others, too.
____________________________________________
Images and artwork ©Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: