About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Piedras Marcadas en plein air

Piedra Marcada
Original oil, alkyd on canvas panel
6" x 8"
SOLD

To those faithful readers who tuned in to this blog on Monday, I apologize for the missing post. My internet connection was down. As it turned out, it was a good thing.

I had thought that this little painting, that I began last week, was done; it was to be the post image for Monday. However, the painting was so lifeless, "tight" and uninteresting that I almost sanded it down to start all over. Instead I decided to "push" the image....what the heck! It couldn't get any worse.

The version you see today better captures the feel and light of this New Mexico site where I set up my easel. I'm much more satisfied with it. Maybe the painting is even done!

I'll be out again painting en plein air this Saturday with my dear artist friend Carmen Sharpe. Carmen enjoys painting outdoors more than I do, and has a natural affinity for capturing the light and air on location. I hope she'll give me some pointers. And, I have every intention of remembering my white paint this time!

Thanks for taking a look today. See you Monday.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Text and image ©2009 Carol Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: