About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Back to Basics....Again

Lemon Grisaille (WIP)
Oil, Alkyd on panel

In past posts, I've talked about "painting the grays." This is a grisaille rendering of a nice fat lemon I picked up at the grocery store last week and decided to paint. You would think that a simple object would be simple to paint. Yeah, right!

I did cheat a little, as I began the painting on a burnt umber toned panel and let that brown color show through in the background. Once the paint dries, I'll be glazing color on top of the grays. It's been awhile since I did an entire painting--even a small painting--using this method, so we'll see how it all turns out.

This week I also complete the second "Sunset Strip" but it's still too wet to put on the scanner. So, I'll be sharing that painting with you next week.

Thanks for taking a look. Enjoy your weekend.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Text and image ©2011 Carol Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: