About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Looking Westward

Sunset Strip #2 (Albuquerque)
Original oil, alkyd on wood panel
2.75" x 9" unframed
SOLD

It's been dry in Florida, with clear skies for weeks. Those wonderfully fantastic clouds that catch the evening light and make for dramatic sunsets...and dramatic sunset paintings, too...just haven't been around.

However, Florida is not the only place that can boast beautiful evening light effects. While living in Albuquerque, I enjoyed the view to the west from my second story studio window. There were many beautiful sunsets out over the mesa, like the one which became the painting posted today, Sunset Strip #2. I hope you enjoy it.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Text and image ©2011 Carol Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: