About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Los Poblanos Plein Air


Plein Air Landscape Sketch #4, 2013. Original oil on gessoed panel, 4"x6"

I recently joined the Monday Painters group. The group was organized by Jean Kondek, who is also a member of the Plein Air Painters of New Mexico and has a studio around the corner from me at the Harwood Art Center. She arranged for us to paint at Los Poblanos Open Space in Albuquerque on Saturday afternoon, October 5. 

I hadn't been to this location, even though it's right in town near the Rio Grande, and I've driven by the entrance many times. The land is flat and open, used for organic farming, and has a nice view of the Sandia Mountains, which I very much enjoyed painting that day. 

Thank you for taking a moment to view my blog. Have a good day!
____________________________________
Image and text © Carol L Adamec, 2013

No comments: