About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Postcard from New Mexico...

 
The big event in Albuquerque this past week has been the annual Balloon Fiesta. Monday morning I was awakened by the "whoosh" of hot air balloons passing over the house. It was quite a sight, seeing 548 colorful airships in the clear blue morning skies.
___________________________________________
Text & photo ©Carol Adamec, 2013

No comments: