About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Sunday, August 1, 2021

"TOO MUCH ART" Sale: Day 5

While packing this week, I came across a box of several plein air paintings I did back in 2013. So I thought I would send two New Mexico landscapes your way today. One was painted in Albuquerque; the other in Santa Fe. Small paintings like these are perfect for placement on a narrow wall or niche, or can be set on a display easel to sit a bookcase or side table. Enjoy!



SOLD “Landscape Sketch #3” (Sandia Mountains), oil on canvas panel, 4”x6” unframed.  Price $15.

For those of you who unfamiliar with Spanish, “Sandia” means “watermelon” like the deep pink color the granite rock of the Sandia Mountains turns as the sun begins to set. All set up to paint one late afternoon, I was waiting for the mountains to take on that rosy glow to capture in my painting. I was not disappointed.




SOLD“Afternoon Arroyo” (Santa Fe), oil on canvas panel, 4”x6” unframed.  Price $15.


I was up in Santa Fe painting with a plein air group. Can you tell from the painting that it was a hot afternoon in Santa Fe? Thank goodness for the cool of the shade.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Text and Images ©2021 Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.


No comments: