About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Saturday, July 31, 2021

"TOO MUCH ART" Sale: Day 4

Good morning! Thank you for letting me share these paintings and my thoughts with you. Have a good Saturday.

SOLD  “House of God”, oil on gessoed panel, 12” x 13” (approx), framed. Price $100.

I painted this when I was searching for meaning in my life, for something greater than my human self, something most people call “God”, “Spirit”, “Higher Power”, or some other moniker. The name doesn’t really matter. Finding it is.



SOLD  “July Flag”, oil on Italian canvas panel, 10” x 8”, framed. Price $100
 
While living in Florida, I painted with a nice group of local plein air painters that met weekly in various locations around Orlando. We were out working just before July 4, in an Orlando neighborhood that reminded me of the Chicago suburb where I grew up.

Perhaps what is captured most in this painting I did that day is the quality of “Americana”, the one that all people in our country dream of achieving, desire living, and deserve the opportunity to have. Let’s hope it is still possible.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Text and Images ©2021 Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.





No comments: