About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Friday, July 30, 2021

TOO MUCH ART: Day 3

Today’s sale paintings reflect my living in New Mexico, home to 23 different Native American tribes. And the color for the day is RED!




“Pueblo Pictoral”, oil on gessoed panel, 12” x 8”, unframed.  Price $45.

Off and on over the past several years, I’ve developed various traditional pottery sherd designs into paintings. Folks often think of Native American designs being primarily geometric. However, there are many motifs based on natural forms, such as deer, bears, birds, plants, and leaves. This imagery is found on pottery, weavings, jewelry, and other items created by Native American artisans and referred to as “pictorals.”



SOLD “Indian Things”, oil on stretched canvas, 10” x 8”, framed. Price $100

A friend of mine has a Southwest style home decorated with Native American items which she and her parents collected over the years. While house sitting for her several years ago, I enjoyed looking at the various objects on display and was inspired to create this still life painting composed of some of her treasures. 

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Text and Images ©2021 Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.


No comments: