About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Bit of Green




A Bit of Green
Oil on canvas panel
8" x 6"
In progress.

__________________________________________

I began this painting on Wednesday but didn't finish it in time for today's post. So, here's how it looks thus far.

Once again, I started with a burnt sienna & umber underpainting (which means, I covered the entire surface with an even coat of that reddish brown color that you see mostly in the background.)

Then I wiped out the underpainting to provide light areas for the leaves, the tabletop and the inside of the glass. I tried out a green or two on the leaves and added a few details to define the glass, the waterline and reflections. You'll get to see the finished painting next week.

Today my sister and I are going to St. Petersburg, FL to visit the Dali Museum. The exhibit is "Women: Dali's View" featuring 90 artworks created throughout Dali's career, beginning with paintings from his student days. I'm looking forward to our little "road trip" to The Gulf side and will share some details with you about our art adventure on Monday.

Thanks for taking a moment to read this post and see today's painting. Have a great weekend!
________________________________________________
Text, images, and artwork ©Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: