About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Color Caliente!





Late Siesta, 2008
Oil on canvas panel
10" x 8" unframed
SOLD

__________________________________________

I did this painting in February, based on a photograph taken by my Albuquerque artist-friend, Sondra Diepen. However, the colors just didn't have any "zing." So, over the past 5 months, I've repainted the background (the adobe wall) more times than I care to recall.

Nevertheless, it was rather interesting to see how all the other colors were altered each time I repainted just that one color in the background. That single color change could alter the "temperature" of the painting and the time of day.

Last week I got extreme and really pushed the color, and....viola! That did the trick. All those bright, high key colors felt like the heat of a summer day just beginning to fade and cool into a lovely evening in the great Southwest.

Thanks for taking a moment to read this post and see today's painting. I appreciate all the comments that readers have posted. Thank You!

See you Wednesday!
________________________________________________
Text, images, and artwork ©Carol L Adamec. All rights reserved.

No comments: