About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Potsherd Painting


Blue Diamond
Oil, alkyd on gessoed panel
Approx 3.5 x 3"


Many thanks to those who emailed me their comments and suggestions about last week's potsherd piece. I appreciate the input!

Today's post shows another "mini-abstraction" based on an Indian potsherd.This little "mini" painting began much like the others --by covering the entire panel surface with black paint, then scratching through the paint to make the design, and adding other colors. I do like the blue-green colors.

See you next week. Have a safe and most enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Text and image ©Carol Adamec 2009. All rights reserved.

No comments: