About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Friday, June 10, 2016

"So, how was the show?"

View of 3 of my flower paintings: "In a Japanese Garden"
at the Weyrich Gallery. Photo credit: Jean Kondek
Last Friday was a beautiful evening for an opening reception, and a Citywide ArtsCrawl in Albuquerque to boot. So, for me it was a most "auspicious" night to have my exhibit, "In a Japanese Garden" at the Weyrich Gallery Albuquerque.

I am very grateful to my friends, colleagues, collectors, and clients of the Weyrich Gallery who came to the opening reception last week. Three paintings were purchased (Thank you, my dear friends and collectors!); and I received many encouraging emails, texts, and positive comments about the exhibit from those who attended, along with good wishes from friends, family, and supporters around the country.

One note from an artist-friend said, "I went to 6 other openings last night and yours was hands down way above and beyond what I saw elsewhere. Thanks for inviting me." Well, that was nice to hear.

Yes, I am pleased with the paintings, and the exhibit was beautifully installed by Valerie and Gary Tibbetts, the gallery owners. 

"So, how was the show?"

Perfect!

PS: Thanks, Mom and Karen, for the lovely and exotic flower arrangement. It added just the right touch!
__________________________________________
Image and text: Carol L Adamec, 2016. All rights reserved.

No comments: