About The Artist

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Hello! I am a fine arts painter, with a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. My primary painting medium is oil and alkyd, and mostly I work in a representational style. My greatest challenge as a painter is to capture the effect of light; and my greatest joy as a painter is to accomplish that. Many thanks to those readers who have been following this blog since Day 1 (May 19, 2008). To those who are visiting for the first time today...Welcome, and thanks for dropping by!

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

WOW! What a review!

Review Article by Wesley Pulkka, Albuquerque Journal, Sunday, June 12, 2016, LIFE section, p. 17
I woke up Sunday to a phone call from an artist-friend. "Get up and go buy a newspaper! You got a great review on your show!"

So I jumped out of bed and legged it over to my local Walgreen's and bought two Albuquerque Journal Sunday newspapers. Sure enough, my friend was right. It was a great review by Wesley Pulkka...no, actually, it was a FABULOUS review! Featuring color images of my paintings, too! 

Mostly I appreciate Wes Pulkka's thoughtfulness and response to my artwork. It's so nice to have a reviewer really get your work. If you would like to read the review, here's the link .

Thanks to the many friends and artists who are Albuquerque Journal readers who emailed their generous and congratulatory comments about the review. I appreciate them all!

If you haven't yet seen the exhibit, it continues thru June 25 at the Weyrich Gallery 2935-D Louisiana in Albuquerque. Hours: Tu - Fri 10:30-5:30p / Sat 11-5:30.

I'll be doing an Artist Talk this Saturday, June 18, at 3:30pm at the Gallery...a free event and a great chance to see the exhibit, too.



No comments: